Webmaster Resource

Welcome to NeoEmpire.com.
If you enjoy fighting games, then this is the place for you.
Be sure to read the forum rules before you post. Ignorance is not a defence.
FORUM RULES **READ**
Go Back   Neo Empire Forum | Regional Match Finder | North England | North West

Old 18-10-2011, 17:34   #1
Bueno

Member No: 17449
Bueno is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Cheshire weekly AE meetups

I'm trying to gauge some interest for a meetup in Nantwich, Cheshire for weekly AE Tournaments and casuals in various other fighting games.

It will be held at Fragit an internet / gaming cafe in Nantwich. If enough people show interest i'll put together some more information about it since there isn't much point if it turns out as dead as the rest of the North West section. If you are interested please post, if i get a good reaction this will definately happen so please don't just leave this to other people to show interest.
Bueno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-2011, 18:29   #2
ashstampede

Member No: 9121
ashstampede is just really niceashstampede is just really niceashstampede is just really niceashstampede is just really niceashstampede is just really nice

looks like you and wywywywy he posted asking for cheshire players
ashstampede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-2011, 18:44   #3
bigli

Member No: 15911
bigli is a splendid one to beholdbigli is a splendid one to beholdbigli is a splendid one to beholdbigli is a splendid one to beholdbigli is a splendid one to beholdbigli is a splendid one to beholdbigli is a splendid one to beholdbigli is a splendid one to behold

Fragit? Holy shit......maybe if this happened like three years ago i'd be all over it but I moved out of Crewe couple of years back. Honestly though get on a train to manchester every now and then and come up to Gamerbase, day tickets on trains between both places ain't so expensive nowadays.
bigli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-10-2011, 01:06   #4
Kane
Queen of the North

Member No: 1017
Kane has a reputation beyond reputeKane has a reputation beyond reputeKane has a reputation beyond reputeKane has a reputation beyond reputeKane has a reputation beyond reputeKane has a reputation beyond reputeKane has a reputation beyond reputeKane has a reputation beyond reputeKane has a reputation beyond reputeKane has a reputation beyond reputeKane has a reputation beyond repute

North-West... dead?!

I dunno what kinda rock you've been under but Manchester has a pretty awesome scene with weekly meets and has dedicated players for all of the big games.

I think you should stop being lazy and fork out the 12 quid it costs for an open return and go to manc like everyone else.
Old 19-10-2011, 01:40   #5
bigli

bigli is a splendid one to beholdbigli is a splendid one to beholdbigli is a splendid one to beholdbigli is a splendid one to beholdbigli is a splendid one to beholdbigli is a splendid one to beholdbigli is a splendid one to beholdbigli is a splendid one to behold

Get a railcard, cut that shit by a third if you're under 26
Old 19-10-2011, 11:16   #6
Bueno

I meant the north west section of the forum, i'm fully aware of Manchester's scene.

But that doesn't stop people creating more places for meetups. I'm just trying to create more of a local scene and i have the facilities to do so. And alot of people may well be put off by a 90 minute train trip to Manchester from some parts of Cheshire.
Old 20-10-2011, 12:42   #7
wywywywy

Member No: 6312
wywywywy is just really nicewywywywy is just really nicewywywywy is just really nicewywywywy is just really nice

Yea I've got an empty flat perfect for this.
Unfortunately Cheshire is a desert.
wywywywy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2011, 00:27   #8
Kane
Queen of the North

Member No: 1017
Kane has a reputation beyond reputeKane has a reputation beyond reputeKane has a reputation beyond reputeKane has a reputation beyond reputeKane has a reputation beyond reputeKane has a reputation beyond reputeKane has a reputation beyond reputeKane has a reputation beyond reputeKane has a reputation beyond reputeKane has a reputation beyond reputeKane has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bueno View Post
I meant the north west section of the forum, i'm fully aware of Manchester's scene.

But that doesn't stop people creating more places for meetups. I'm just trying to create more of a local scene and i have the facilities to do so. And alot of people may well be put off by a 90 minute train trip to Manchester from some parts of Cheshire.

Not gonna lie... you making a scene with no players in your area (on this forum) is pretty stupid. You're asking people from around cheshire to travel to YOU instead of just doing the logical thing that everybody else does and travel to Manchester, which has a ready-made scene with a good amount of players. Not to mention we already get people travelling from all over every week or so, it's much better to travel to manc for some real competition.

A lad I go uni with travels to manc every day from sandbach, pretty sure he's allowed to complain about an hour long train as opposed to you doing it every week or two.
Old 21-10-2011, 10:38   #9
Bueno

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kane View Post
Not gonna lie... you making a scene with no players in your area (on this forum) is pretty stupid. You're asking people from around cheshire to travel to YOU instead of just doing the logical thing that everybody else does and travel to Manchester, which has a ready-made scene with a good amount of players. Not to mention we already get people travelling from all over every week or so, it's much better to travel to manc for some real competition.

A lad I go uni with travels to manc every day from sandbach, pretty sure he's allowed to complain about an hour long train as opposed to you doing it every week or two.

What's stupid about asking about interest? How am i complaining?

I genuinely don't understand what problem someone could have with someone wanting to set up a small group locally. If i can't i will end up going to Manchester more regularly, but goddamn you seem awfully against me wanting to set up a small group for some reason.

Last edited by Bueno; 21-10-2011 at 11:19.
Old 21-10-2011, 12:21   #10
bigli

I think Kane's just looking at the bigger picture mate. It would do better for the scene as a whole if everyone who could get to the same place did such a thing on as regular a basis as possible, making it larger, increasing the likelyhood and interest of tournaments, increasing player skill (its a fact, the more people you go up against, the quicker and better you learn stuff), and just generally making the scene so much more awesome, rather than splintering everyone into tiny groups across a relatively small area.

There's also the reality of how small the group will probably end up. Given that we're in the city centre here, and the average number of regulars only just about stretches double digits (theres a lot of people who turn up a lot less frequently though), and even less so with a firm interest in AE (its Marvel central up here), you ARE going to struggle for numbers. And I know this from experience, I tried to get local players in the south Cheshire area together for matchups and it was beyond a ballache and with no success.

Just being realistic. I think your best bet where you live is to either come up here on a regular basis, get to know people, and if there's a few people from South Cheshire knocking about, maybe arrange casual sessions midweek or something...or you can force your mates to play the game and learn it (yeah, thats gonna be a challenge).
Old 21-12-2011, 22:02   #11
ciaran

Member No: 17626
ciaran is an unknown quantity at this point

I live in Crewe and Id be interested Im extremely new to fighting games though so I am a bad player who is bad, but practice makes perfect!
ciaran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 13:07   #12
discomilitia

Member No: 17553
discomilitia will become famous soon enough

Chesters actually got a vibrant little fighting scene, there's like 8 of us that play regularly. hardly manchester level, but not bad going.
Old 09-04-2012, 14:39   #13
Nightfighter

Member No: 23169
Nightfighter will become famous soon enough

Yo disc where is this about might come down, big AE fan. Could do with improving my C.Viper skills. But as you know I run a little group in Ormskirk. I think AE will be my next tournament/event after the marvel one.

Event:
http://www.facebook.com/events/204168076360274/

Group:
http://www.facebook.com/groups/348514751860680/
Nightfighter is offline   Reply With Quote