Webmaster Resource

Welcome to NeoEmpire.com.
If you enjoy fighting games, then this is the place for you.
Be sure to read the forum rules before you post. Ignorance is not a defence.
FORUM RULES **READ**
Go Back   Neo Empire Forum | Regional Match Finder | North England | Manchester

Old 20-04-2012, 18:43   #5611
darius

Member No: 16562
darius is a glorious beacon of lightdarius is a glorious beacon of lightdarius is a glorious beacon of lightdarius is a glorious beacon of lightdarius is a glorious beacon of lightdarius is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sh33p View Post
Tron/Thor/She-Hulk make it happen. Team ABEGEN is legit fun to watch.
Yeah thats an interesting team. Just watched Abegen play. Thor's beam assist is really usefull with Tron. I find Thor difficult to use effectively though.
darius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-2012, 09:01   #5612
SlimAdey

Member No: 667
SlimAdey has a reputation beyond reputeSlimAdey has a reputation beyond reputeSlimAdey has a reputation beyond reputeSlimAdey has a reputation beyond reputeSlimAdey has a reputation beyond reputeSlimAdey has a reputation beyond reputeSlimAdey has a reputation beyond reputeSlimAdey has a reputation beyond reputeSlimAdey has a reputation beyond reputeSlimAdey has a reputation beyond reputeSlimAdey has a reputation beyond repute

Awesome games yesterday guys. Had great fun entering and watching the Marvel RB's as always. Loads of hype matches, like Tim putting Matt in Losers and any match where Sheep played.

Definetley getting comfortable with the Wolverine/Akuma duo. Sentinel and Wesker are 'filling the gap' at the moment but I'm just concentrating on those two at the moment. Also going to try to learn some more benimaru on KOF when I stop being a lazy bastard.
Old 23-04-2012, 10:45   #5613
kaworu

Member No: 619
kaworu has a reputation beyond reputekaworu has a reputation beyond reputekaworu has a reputation beyond reputekaworu has a reputation beyond reputekaworu has a reputation beyond reputekaworu has a reputation beyond reputekaworu has a reputation beyond reputekaworu has a reputation beyond reputekaworu has a reputation beyond reputekaworu has a reputation beyond reputekaworu has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to kaworu

Yeah some great games over the weekend, especially Sh33p's match, shame it wasn't capped. No one would have thought that would be one to rival FSP's 'You Are Defeated'

Results for the Marvel RB2 here, videos will be uploaded by Yingah as and when:

http://www.neoempire.com/forum/showt...398#post447398

---

This coming Saturday!

Avengers Movie & Tournament!!!

Saturday 28th April. Make sure you put aside some pennies, less than a week to go!

We'll leave Gamerbase to head to the Print Works for the film around 5pm, Avengers isn't on at the IMAX in Manchester. 2D is also better and cheaper than 3D. Tournament will start at 1pm.

Date: Saturday 28th April
Tournament & Time: Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3, 12-1pm start
Tournament Price: Usual 3 to Gamerbase for all day casuals, Tournament is free to enter
Format: Best of 3, Double Elim, Must pick 2 Avengers
Movie & Time: Avengers Assemble, The Printworks or AMC, 5pm ish (times below)
Movie Price: Around under 10

With there being so many Avengers characters in Marvel 3 we'll add a new rule to the format. You have to use 2 characters that are in the Avengers movie. Massive props go to anyone who uses a full Avengers team!

Hulk, Thor, Captain America, Hawkeye, & Iron Man.

** As discussed, Super-Skrull was removed from the choices as the Skrulls aren't in the film due to some mad licensing/copyright issues unfotunately.

Use 2 of those characters above and anyone else you like. Looking forward to seein who everyone picks, just stick Wesker on anchor! And get your snacks ready for THE AVENGERS!!! Who you guys gonna be picking?

FOR ASGARD!!!

Last edited by kaworu; 24-04-2012 at 11:58.
kaworu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-2012, 11:39   #5614
kaworu

kaworu has a reputation beyond reputekaworu has a reputation beyond reputekaworu has a reputation beyond reputekaworu has a reputation beyond reputekaworu has a reputation beyond reputekaworu has a reputation beyond reputekaworu has a reputation beyond reputekaworu has a reputation beyond reputekaworu has a reputation beyond reputekaworu has a reputation beyond reputekaworu has a reputation beyond repute

Avengers is on Saturday at:

Printworks:

5:20pm in 2D
6:00pm in 3D

AMC:

5:45pm in 2D
6:30pm in 3D

I personally would prefer 2D, as 3D is shit and pretty much everyone complains about it. If we go for the 2D one at Printworks we would need to leave about 4:30pm but there is a chance it may be sold out. Or we could go for the 2D showing at the AMC cinema near the town hall for 5:45pm.

What do you guys think?

Avengers is not on at IMAX in Manchester.

Times here:
http://www.odeon.co.uk/fanatic/film_...11/Manchester/
http://www.amccinemas.co.uk/amc-manchester/
Old 24-04-2012, 11:41   #5615
SlimAdey

SlimAdey has a reputation beyond reputeSlimAdey has a reputation beyond reputeSlimAdey has a reputation beyond reputeSlimAdey has a reputation beyond reputeSlimAdey has a reputation beyond reputeSlimAdey has a reputation beyond reputeSlimAdey has a reputation beyond reputeSlimAdey has a reputation beyond reputeSlimAdey has a reputation beyond reputeSlimAdey has a reputation beyond reputeSlimAdey has a reputation beyond repute

2d definetley gets my vote.
Old 24-04-2012, 11:47   #5616
bigli

Member No: 15911
bigli is a splendid one to beholdbigli is a splendid one to beholdbigli is a splendid one to beholdbigli is a splendid one to beholdbigli is a splendid one to beholdbigli is a splendid one to beholdbigli is a splendid one to beholdbigli is a splendid one to behold

still not seen a 3d movie, not about to pop my cherry with the Avengers though. 2D. AMC is fine.
bigli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-2012, 14:32   #5617
OllieMilne

Member No: 6177
Location: Region locked to his respective country to stop the Japanese buying me cheaper, or something
OllieMilne has a reputation beyond reputeOllieMilne has a reputation beyond reputeOllieMilne has a reputation beyond reputeOllieMilne has a reputation beyond reputeOllieMilne has a reputation beyond reputeOllieMilne has a reputation beyond reputeOllieMilne has a reputation beyond reputeOllieMilne has a reputation beyond reputeOllieMilne has a reputation beyond reputeOllieMilne has a reputation beyond reputeOllieMilne has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to OllieMilne Send a message via Skype™ to OllieMilne

Definitely 2D, fuck 3D films.
I probably won't be in on Saturday day since I have an exam on Monday and I'm really under-prepared, but I want to see Avengers so I might head down a bit later and meet you lot before you leave Gamerbase. Probably won't be in on Sunday either.

i cant wait for sfxt20123 GET HYP
OllieMilne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-2012, 14:45   #5618
SlimAdey

I doubt I'll be in Sunday because of the Great Manchester run. Loads of buses are diverted and had times changes so might be best to give it a miss, plus it's only Strekken this weekend so not missing much.
Old 24-04-2012, 15:03   #5619
kaworu

Quote:
Originally Posted by OllieMilne View Post
Definitely 2D, fuck 3D films.
I probably won't be in on Saturday day since I have an exam on Monday and I'm really under-prepared, but I want to see Avengers so I might head down a bit later and meet you lot before you leave Gamerbase.
Yeah Paul is doing the same thing, he's busy Sat day time so just coming for the movie. Just try and get into Gamerbase for before 5pm ish

---

Avengers Movie/Tournament:

Date: Saturday 28th April
Tournament & Time: Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3, 12-1pm start
Tournament Price: Usual 3 to Gamerbase for all day casuals, Tournament is free to enter
Format: Best of 3, Double Elim, Must pick 2 Avengers
Movie Price: Around 10
Movie & Time: Avengers Assemble, The Printworks or AMC, 5pm ish meet in Gamerbase
Old 28-04-2012, 01:46   #5620
Yingah

Member No: 1344
Yingah has a brilliant futureYingah has a brilliant futureYingah has a brilliant futureYingah has a brilliant futureYingah has a brilliant futureYingah has a brilliant futureYingah has a brilliant futureYingah has a brilliant futureYingah has a brilliant futureYingah has a brilliant futureYingah has a brilliant future

Time you guys watching the film? Can't make it to GB until 6
Old 28-04-2012, 08:12   #5621
kaworu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yingah View Post
Time you guys watching the film? Can't make it to GB until 6
Most people said they were up for the 5:45pm showing at AMC. The film is on for 2hours 23minutes.
Old 29-04-2012, 01:27   #5622
OllieMilne

Location: Region locked to his respective country to stop the Japanese buying me cheaper, or something
OllieMilne has a reputation beyond reputeOllieMilne has a reputation beyond reputeOllieMilne has a reputation beyond reputeOllieMilne has a reputation beyond reputeOllieMilne has a reputation beyond reputeOllieMilne has a reputation beyond reputeOllieMilne has a reputation beyond reputeOllieMilne has a reputation beyond reputeOllieMilne has a reputation beyond reputeOllieMilne has a reputation beyond reputeOllieMilne has a reputation beyond repute

Where did all those KOF players come from?
I'd like to go, but its a bit of a bitch to get to, last realistic train back is at 8pm so it'd probably end up being a hotel job which puts the costs up and I need all the money I can get hold of around that time due to moving into a new place and not having a job lined up yet.

If my situation changes I'd consider it more, but KOF only has one space left so they'd need to up the spaces for the Manc KOF lot and there's not enough of us to make it a nice round number for a tournament. Same with Marvel, its already full and I imagine most of us who'll go will want to enter that.

For anyone looking into it, train is about 50 with no discounts, a double room in the venue/hotel is 44 a night for a double so 22 per person, 5 venue entry then 5 per game, and then food and so forth, gonna come to 100 at the bare minimum.

Gah, how can it be in Wales and have filled a 24 man KOF bracket and we got 7 entrants for our event? Depressing. Might have to put the wheels in motion for another Manc KOF tournament at some point.

Last edited by OllieMilne; 29-04-2012 at 01:57.
Old 29-04-2012, 11:43   #5623
Robocop Two
Optimus Cracka

Member No: 418
Robocop Two has a reputation beyond reputeRobocop Two has a reputation beyond reputeRobocop Two has a reputation beyond reputeRobocop Two has a reputation beyond reputeRobocop Two has a reputation beyond reputeRobocop Two has a reputation beyond reputeRobocop Two has a reputation beyond reputeRobocop Two has a reputation beyond reputeRobocop Two has a reputation beyond reputeRobocop Two has a reputation beyond reputeRobocop Two has a reputation beyond repute

The reason why I didn't go to your previous one but would come to another one (if you set it up) is uni work, this is after my uni year is finished so I can now go to these things.
Old 29-04-2012, 11:50   #5624
Metallicmike27

Member No: 16083
Metallicmike27 has a brilliant futureMetallicmike27 has a brilliant futureMetallicmike27 has a brilliant futureMetallicmike27 has a brilliant futureMetallicmike27 has a brilliant futureMetallicmike27 has a brilliant futureMetallicmike27 has a brilliant futureMetallicmike27 has a brilliant futureMetallicmike27 has a brilliant futureMetallicmike27 has a brilliant futureMetallicmike27 has a brilliant future

If you plan anything for the last week of May or First week of June count me in and anybody I can bring with.

Well that being said im planning to pop by on either the 26th of May or the 2nd of June anyway as standard for bare KOF.
Metallicmike27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2012, 16:06   #5625
OllieMilne

Yeah we timed the last one horrifically, the same weekend as a couple of other events including the Orochinagi 3v3. After I've done some exams I'll start putting things in motion hopefully.